If you are planning a remodel in 2020, the kitchen is one of the most popular rooms to remodel. With kitchen remodels ranging greatly in price, you will want to take time to decide exactly what you want before you begin the process. If you are on a tight budget and can’t do a full kitchen remodel, you may want to consider waiting instead of spending money on changes that won’t satisfy you long term. A less expensive fix that needs to be changed right away will cost you more than doing it right the first time.
If your budget is large enough to accommodate the project you want to complete, the next step is to decide what you want to change in your kitchen. Here are some items that are readily available and sure to please you and any future owners of your home.
- Granite, solid surface and butcher block countertops all have loyal followings.
- Sleek appliances. Stainless is still popular but black stainless is showing up frequently as are some custom color options.
- As people declutter more, open shelving has become more popular for your most frequently used items.
- Statement sinks pop up more today while farmhouse and stainless options still maintain a strong presence as well.
- Add a statement color in a small amount. A colorful island, painted ceiling, or bright table can make a large impact in an otherwise neutral space.
- Select a range hood that makes a statement for a fun and functional update.
- Technology is in the kitchen too with Bluetooth syncing to refrigerators and ovens becoming more common.
- Integrated appliances hidden behind paneling and built-ins make your kitchen a true designer space.
- Cabinets have seen an upgrade with new shapes and sizes like deep drawers for storing pots and pans near the cooktop.
It can be tempting to pack everything you love into your kitchen but don’t overdo it. While several of these trends can be easily incorporated in your kitchen remodel, don’t attempt them all. Pinterest and houzz both provide great resources to search for ideas so you can determine what you like and what you don’t.
Coldwell Banker Bermuda Realty
11 Par-La-Ville Road
Hamilton HM HX
Connect With Us:
Call Us Today At (441) 292-1793 Or You Can Reach Us By Email By Clicking Here